As a reminder to all green industry professionals ~ Beginning on January 1, 2014, all commercial fertilizer applicators will be required to hold a Limited Certification for Urban Fertilizer Applicators, issued by the State of Florida’s Bureau of Entomology and Pest Control. The prerequisite of this license is the successful completion of the Green Industry Best Management Practices, or GI-BMP program.
GI-BMPs teach safe landscaping practices that protect the environment, including our ground and surface waters. The University of Florida IFAS Florida Friendly Landscaping™ program presents GI-BMP programs throughout the state.
Remaining Palm Beach GI-BMP options for 2012 are:
- September 13, West Palm Beach
- October 19, West Palm Beach *en español
- October 23, Boca Raton
- November 8, West Palm Beach
- GI-BMP training is also available online (in a format that allows you to work at your own pace – $15.00)
- Onsite at your location (minimum fee and enrollment applies)
Corporate, governmental, environmental, and other personnel should attend the GI-BMP program, which was developed by the Florida Department of Environmental Protection and is endorsed by the pest control industry.
Call 561.233.1759 with any questions you may have.